Thursday, February 18, 2010

Things to Come

My husband is on day two of being sick. Nothing too serious: fever, cough, achy muscles. Gee, now that I list them, I guess he is pretty sick.

I had the worst of mine on Monday. And the thing is, like so many, we don't get sick. We just don't.

We do not take vitamins, we exercise but not regularly, we eat vegetables occasionally and love red meat! So how do we (all six of us!) stay out of the doctor's office? I have my theory (tithing) and I'll expound upon it but not today.

What I was getting at is this: Its been two days since I've discovered this wonderful, blissful world of blogging. I hope you realize that I don't generally write about what we're having for meals (I may) or what the kids are doing in school (I definitely will) but I write about things that I want to read. Maybe someone else will want to as well, maybe they won't.

That being said I haven't had a chance to organize my thoughts because while hubby has been sick, he wants to catch up on LOST episodes, which is not a bad thing. However we do not yet own a lap top nor do we have regular TV (LOVE Netflix and Hulu!)so we've had to take turns on the computer.

While he's napping, I'm going to attempt to organize some thoughts, mostly for my benefit but also so any interested readers can have some idea what to check back for.

1. I plan to open a page with pictures. Not only of my family but nature and whatnot (love whatnots)

2. I plan to somehow post some of my scripts I've written. "A Rose in December", "Heirlooms", "Trace the Grace" to name a few.

3. I plan to start a page and eventually a separate blog for Survivors of Suicide and suicide prevention. This is an issue that I'm passionate about as I have been a near victim and I am a survivor. For those of you who are interested I am attending a seminar next week to become a trained facilitator for an SOS group.

4. I plan to write stories about my humble town of Milledgeville; the same
place I once said "I will NOT live there" and now I can think of very few places I would rather live. The stories need to be told.

5. I plan to write many more stories of my precious mother, my beloved grandmother and my quietly witty daddy.

6. Finally (for now) I'm going to explore 2010: our first themed year. I never had a theme year but it has been exciting so far. 2010 is the year we discovered "This Ain't Working!" and the year of "Community."

Whew! I've got a lot to do and I hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am. Hubby just got up from his nap and is obviously ready to watch another episode so I'll go. Take care.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the bloggy world!!!!!I came over from Sophie's blog (BooMama). You are an exceptional writer, and you are funny (I will tell your old pastors wife that, give me her number).

    Good luck and enjoy blogging!
    The Park Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of BLOG.....
    I had an entire evening to blog hop....so much fun....to visit new blogs and catch up with friends Be sure and stop by mine. This is my ONE YEAR Blog Anniversary and there are LOTS of prizes everyday this week and next....I am celebrating the entire month.
    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, my new-found friends! I'm looking forward to a remarkable journey!

    -Leanne

    ReplyDelete

"Thank you, and do come back now, ya heah?"
(No she didn't...yes she did.)