Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Happiness Project

Photobucket



On Tuesdays Leigh at Leigh vs. Laundry sponsors a happiness project. Generally participants post a lovely picture of something or someone that brings them joy (or makes them happy, since that is what the project is called).  But yesterday I came across something that made me so happy, I couldn't wait to share it with you today. Its actually a blog that I stumbled across (my sister told me about it). I seriously considered quitting my blog because this guy, John Acuff is saying everything that I've wanted to say but haven't yet. I just want to start a blog that says "Go see Stuff Christians Like". Its poignant, hilarious, sarcastic, occasionally irreverant, and yes, the man has a couple of book deals and I'm thrilled for him. That's an example of Stuff Christians like.


So go here to see what makes me happy


http://stuffchristianslike.net/2010/04/2691/      
This particular post, called "Thinking You're Naked" rocked my world!


Also check out #491 "Saying Let's Pray when You Mean Let's Make Out"
And today's poll about "How to tell a Christian Performer on American Idol"


Be Happy!!

21 comments:

  1. Hmm...this guy IS good...makes me want to hang it up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great. I'm going to check him out now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great book. i started reading one of his posts. but now i have to go. so. i'll have to finish it later.

    you didn't need to know all that. but i'm sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a place for quitter bloggers like us? Think Acuff could tell us what to do next?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh this so looks like something I need to check out---thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm, sounds like I need to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Stuff Christians Like. I'm pretty sure he's a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been seeing that book all over the place, i need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of this title but it looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds amazing...thanks for sharing...going to check it out now, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love him! I just read his blog for the first time yesterday, and I cracked up and was touched all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm going to have to check out his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this! It looks like a(nother) terrific blog I wish I had time to read :)

    I may just have to MAKE time....

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I'm going to check it out!
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Off to check it out! Thanks for schooling me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Should be a hoot! I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, thanks for stopping by! You have a cool place here. Mind if I sit a spell?

    Went and checked out the post. He is a neat writer. I'll have to go stalk around when I have more time.

    Thanks for the heads up!

    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't go wrong with Happiness! Hope your week is going well.

    ~ Lynn
    http://www.middayescapades.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh gosh, ANOTHER BLOG TO READ?! I read a couple, and is there really a book? Because I'm gonna get it.

    ReplyDelete

"Thank you, and do come back now, ya heah?"
(No she didn't...yes she did.)