Friday, April 9, 2010

Thanks, John Tesh! I feel a whole lot smarter and safer, thanks to you!

I'm not a huge John Tesh fan. My husband ordered his first Praise and Worship CD several years ago and it was....o.k.  Not great. I felt more like it was one more artist trying to jump on the "Christians like to buy stuff if it has Jesus on it" bandwagon.


I really don't care for his "Intelligence for Your Life" that they play all day long on my favorite soft-rock station. Sometimes I change the station when they start telling me just how much bacteria is on my cell-phone, my hairbrush, my menu, my refrigerator, ALL RIGHT! I get it! Stuff has bacteria! Guess what? Bacteria has apparently been here a lot longer than we have and guess who's probably going to be the last one standing?


(Followed by "this program has been brought to you by Soft-Soap, the leading supplier of anti-bacterial products to keep you and your family safe" and paranoid!)


Sometimes I'll tolerate his "facts" that are guaranteed to make you "the smartest person in the room" (small room) just so I can get back to Elton John's 'Don't Let the Sun Go Down' or Faith Hill's 'This Kiss' (I sound really great singing those songs at the top of my lungs in my car!)


This was one of his very many helpful pieces of information he provided yesterday. I'm not going to quote it precisely and I missed his reference, so just take it for what its worth. This is not meant to be boring  an educational program.


He quoted somebody as saying after twenty-one days of exercising a person has a 50% chance of continuing to exercise. After six months of exercising, a person (He says this with great excitement in his voice) a person's chance of continuing to exercise is ....(drumroll would be great here) 50%!


Did I miss something? You're saying if I exercise every day for three weeks I may or may not exercise after that and if I exercise EVERYDAY for six months I still MAY or MAY NOT continue to exercise? How much tax dollars did we spend on this great research? Way too much, I'm sure!


I'm thinking that every day that I wake up, I'm faced with a 50-50 chance that I'm going to do pretty much anything. Its either yes or no. Isn't that 50% ? You are or you aren't. Two choices. Every day.


I'm not going to give you tons of examples cause I think you're a very smart cookie, and I don't want to insult your intelligence.  But do you see what I'm talking about? I've shared in previous posts (See LOLA) about my exercise habits. I walk, jog, stretch, whatever several times a week cause I want to, I feel good when I'm finished.  But everyday I make a choice "am I gonna, am I not gonna?" 50-50 chance


Have you heard any fun facts or statistics this week? Please share! Please! They may make us all a little wiser and the smartest person in the cubicle or in the play group.

13 comments:

  1. Great post, love the cartoon!
    I am also not a Tesh fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! I agree, ridiculous commentary.
    I like his instrumental Christmas albums but have never heard anything else. I'll consider this my review :)

    Hope you have a great day!!

    Erin
    http://homeswheremyheartis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do not like John Tesh or Delilah either. They make me wanna change the channel!

    You're right though, it's always a 50/50 chance! There is no such thing as a "kind of" workout right? You either do it or you don't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Domesticated-Bliss. John Tesh and Delilah are both super creepy. Also I feel strongly that John tesh is a dummie, and has to just pretend he's smart.

    And his cd isn't good either, but your post was hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, no, no to Tesh. A pretty speaking voice does not a smart brain make. How's that for articulate insight?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't really read or look at anything with John Tesh. I can't stop looking at his tremendous head. I am too fascinated with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip, John Tesh in now on my 'Who not to listen to' list!

    Domesticated Bliss couldn't have said it better, you either do it or you don't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saturday Night Live made fun of John Tesh once and we always quote it at our house "Hello, I am John Tesh and I make horrible, horrible music." Probably funnier on SNL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 12% of people believe that 65% of statistics are 90% false. Or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 73% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm probably the only one who likes john tesh. no. i'm not being sarcastic. no. i'm still not being sarcastic. i like him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, So I admit I like John Tesh. Listening to his show makes me relaxed and then I just want to go to sleep :) It's really great on those insomnia nights.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each day a huge number of a lot more sites and web pages be a part of the Internet that be competitive in your area of interest,
    or even in your niche.

    Also visit my site - professional seo (reminis.cnu.ac.kr)

    ReplyDelete

"Thank you, and do come back now, ya heah?"
(No she didn't...yes she did.)