Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Letter to Inspiration

Dear Inspiration,

Where have you gone? Why did you leave so soon?

Its only been a few short months and I was not ready for you to go yet.

I looked for you inside every door I knocked on as a US Census Taker but you weren't at any of them (but I'm still looking...)

I went all the way to the beach, confident you  would show up there. The ocean was breathtaking, the atmosphere relaxing, but you, my so-called friend, were not there.

I thought surely you would be lurking around my flat tire yesterday but you took off before we had a chance to chat.

I've tried to find you through therapy, counseling, long talks and even longer times of silence, but you have chosen to stay away.

But I have not given up my search. I will continue to search for you in the smile, or a frown, of a stranger; in the funny words of my family; in the hummingbirds that now come to feed, or in the overwhelming fragrant of a gardenia (that will always invoke wonderful memories...) or in a simple blade of grass.

My dear Inspiration, you may be on vacation now, but you cannot hide forever.  I will be here when you're ready to return.

Your Faithful and Patient Friend.

17 comments:

  1. This inspired me today, and I hope it inspires you, too.

    Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength. ~ Charles Spurgeon

    Hope you have a great day, girl...

    Erin
    http://homeswheremyheartis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did that census taking thing go? Are you still doing it? I still don't like the idea of you knocking on the doors of strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiration is surely a fickle friend. I suspect your inspiration is in a spring meadow somewhere beautiful with my motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only speak for myself, but when my inspiration left me (so I thought),it was really me that was hiding until I learned the truth and came out of hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhhhhhh
    I had a wonderful experience this weekend and ESPECIALLY last night that I will "try" to share (without getting too personal to make the preacher man nervous! ha)
    maybe it will inspire you too!
    cause I could have stood on a mountain top and preached my VERY OWN sermon last night
    and I DON'T public speak!
    check back with me tomorrow......
    (and today! my posties are good today too!) ha
    GOD IS GOOD and he is still here inspiring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh she's there, she's just playing with ya! In order to feel needed, some times you have to be gone.

    She'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you find it let me know. I need some at least until June 10th when school is out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS was inspired. Even when you have nothing, you have something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is there, lurking in the shadows. When you least expect it inspiration will arrive. Just know that you are not alone. I have fought the inspiration monster myself. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *** Hugs *** What a wonderful post... YOU inspire me, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am hiding in that big bottle of Diet Pepsi and that frosted brownie! Come and find me!

    --Your inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. if you're talking blogging inspiration, i'm right there with ya- my mind is blank and has been for a while :( i'm sure it'll pass...hopefully...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can relate to this! I could use some advice (very random and not the least bit spiritual...but maybe fun) from you...not sure if you are a lover of the Sonic, but since I consider you to be one of my new Southern blog friends, and I believe you are a lover of Coca-Cola, I thought maybe you wouldn't mind lending your expertise! I blogged about it here: http://sufficientgrace-kelly.blogspot.com/2010/06/calling-all-sonic-lovers.html

    Any advice?

    I hope you have found the elusive inspiration! Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I lost my job last Friday so I've definitely lost my inspiration. I think my motivation went too.

    I'm stopping by from SITS with a welcome and hello!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still not back? We miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I'm guessing your inspiration & mine are on vacation together. And wherever they are, they'd better bring back some awesome souvenirs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saying HEY from Friday Follow.
    Of course we follow you through GFF, please make sure to stop in and do the same for us :)
    http://momtobedby8.blogspot.com/

    Psss.... We also have an iPad giveaway going on right now 7/2!
    http://momtobedby8.blogspot.com/2010/06/apple-ipad-giveaway-yes-i-said-ipad.html

    ReplyDelete

"Thank you, and do come back now, ya heah?"
(No she didn't...yes she did.)