Thursday, June 24, 2010

Some Random Thoughts

Random Thought #1.    We have a new kitten named Jeffrey. My 17 year old wanted to get my ten year old a puppy for his birthday. The pound had one for "FREE" if you paid $50 for neutering.  Not FREE. So he got him a kitten.


We have an old cat, named Spot. Jeffrey tried to introduce himself.

Spot was not impressed at all.

Random Thought #2.  We took Kenny (who turned ten on Wednesday; the one who likes the library) to the Arts and Science Museum in Macon, GA. He said he was tired of the skating rink. Fair enough.  They had a Giant Bug exhibit. 

 


Kenny was not impressed. He was, in fact, horribly scared.

RT #3.  I'm directing the community theatre's summer musical. Again. I initially didn't want to, because I like being ON stage, but there was some talk of not doing the show we (the "BOARD") decided on. So I'm surrounding myself with medeival stuff as we prepare for

Auditions are Monday.  Somebody sent me a resume' and a headshot. That's really not necessary for community theatre. Nice gesture but I wasn't overly impressed. We'll see.

RT #4. I'm done with Censusing for now. At least for that part. Knocking on doors during naps and TV shows, etc. I may be moving on to the next phase: " I ONLY SEE THREE PEOPLE HERE! WHERE"S THE GRANDMA YOU"VE GOT LISTED? WHERE IS SHE HIDING?" Just kidding.

RT #5. My eldest son came home from college for Father's Day. He said he was coming Friday. He didn't make it until Saturday and stayed his usual 24 hours. He goes to school two hours away and never stays more than 24 hours. He brought his girlfriend and another friend. I love having him home...24 hours is enough for everybody. They bring their video games (he's studying to be a game designer and he will be VERY good!) and they end up covering one end of the living room to the other. Yep. 24 hours is long enough.
I love that young man.

RT #6. I've applied for three jobs at the local college. I haven't really worked in twenty years except for the Census thing and a couple of temp jobs here and there so my work history is pathetic on paper. I want to go in and say, "Trust me! Hire me! You will LOVE me! I promise!" But I doubt that would impress anyone.

RT #7.  I got a book at the library that had a funny, Southern-sounding title. It wasn't funny at all. It was un-funny. You know, when something has the potential to be funny but then the way its presented takes away every little bit of humorous pretense (I'm not sure if that's the right word but I like the way it sounds so I'm gonna use it there.) To say the least I was un-impressed.

RT #8. I've heard of overwhelmed and underwhelmed. Can a person be just "whelmed"? (That was from the movie 10 Things I Hate About you)

RT#9 I heard a great quote this week. "Even Cinderella knew that a single shoe can change the world."

RT #10. My choreographer quit. Just yesterday. I'm thinking of doing it myself. I've been saying I want to choregraph a show. This might be my chance. How hard can it be?
Shuffle, ball, change, step, again.


RT #12 I have a niece named after me. I don't know why I'm trying to eat her.
They call us the Dixie Chicks.


Yep. We're both named Dixie and we live up to the name. Check it out if you haven't already.
Prepare to be impressed.

RT #13. I'm not sure why I'm using the word "impressed" or variations thereof today. Or why I haven't posted much recently. But thank you THANK YOU! to my regular followers who faithfully check back and to those new guys who are wondering "What's up with the doublewide chick?" I feel like family is checking on me to see how I'm doing, and I'll be checking on y'all very soon.

RT #14. Tomorrow I will tell you about the disappearing house (crazy!) and hopefully figure out how to show you the giant bug stuck in my phone!

What's your very random thought today?

16 comments:

  1. They look so cute investigating each other.

    I hope you get one of the jobs!

    Choreography? Awesome!!!! You could do it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get stumped in the coreography (if it's tap) you can get a "step finder" it's this cute little hand book that has counts of 8 broken down. A new step per page and it has about 100 pages! It's helped me alot when I am looking for a step that we haven't already done or I'm just stuck.

    Glad you're back, can't wait to hear about the disappearing house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog layout. It's fun to change things up a bit. I'd do it more often if it were easy, I struggle with these things. Hows that for random!

    As for RT#6 I have faith that you could land any job you apply for. My son got a job for a store with absolutly no experience in that area. He even told them that, but he also said he is willing to learn and do what it takes. They were impressed and hired him.

    Go forth and conquer! Cute kitten!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad you're blogging again.

    i can't believe you weren't impressed with my head shot.

    i'll be your choreographer. i can't believe i just spelled that correctly and on the first try and without cheating! i am awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, your blog name is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back, I was impressed to see how many times you actually used the word impressed, actually used not impressed to which I would agree Spot was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My random thought:

    I suspect that arson would be a better way to deal with packing than actual packing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your random thoughts! So funny and I wanted to comment on each one! Glad your son visited and I think you'll get any job you apply for! My random thought is a quote from TD Jakes: "Make sure your weakness does not turn into wickedness."

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these kitties. It's so funny, just the other day I told my hubs I'm itching for a new fur baby and he said not until we get a house, fair enough. Our kitty seems so lonely since our other cat passed away...

    I hope you get a new job. I've been trying so hard myself. Bad times out there, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cat photos. Isn't it fascinating how an older cat knows not to attack a kitten?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, that's a lot of random thoughts!

    My son would LOVE that bug display. He wants to be an entemologist when he grows up. He's 9!

    Just stopping by from SITS. Have a great day! And good luck with your show... hope you either find a choreographer or figure it out. I'm sure it will be great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bugs!
    We have had one cat for about 8 years.
    We got a new kitten about 4 years ago. They still don't tolerate each other. It's dumb. Come on, girls, get along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your random thoughts. Love the kitten. Those ears are huge!!!

    Lots going on in your life--thanks for bringing us up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so jealous of the kitten. I just read this, and now you should go read my Note To Self and you'll see why. *longing sigh*

    Also, can I come be in your production? I promise I'm good. I don't have head shots, but I did just wear a prom dress from 1996!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved all your thoughts. The animal pictures were cute. Good luck with the job and play.
    You asked what are random thoughts were. Well, I have no thoughts yet. It is only 7:30 and I am on vacation-sort of. School is out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehe, I don't even know how i stumbled across your blog but i love your random thoughts =)

    ReplyDelete

"Thank you, and do come back now, ya heah?"
(No she didn't...yes she did.)